I know that was said way too hastily, but it is true I have never been so satisfied with a foundation like this in a long time.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Light Vanilla (51 Vanille Clair)
Bourjois is not available in the U.S. anymore so I had to order this from some UK site.
I think I paid a very reasonable price for this including the shipping charge, which is still comparable to the price I would pay for a drugstore foundation (less than $15).
It took, however, more than two weeks to get here and I was beginning to think it was lost in transit, then it finally arrived a couple days ago.
The best part of this foundation is...that the color Light Vanilla (51) is a perfect match for me!
I feel so lucky since I didn't even get to see the bottle before I ordered, and finding a good color in drugstore foundation seemed almost impossible for me until this point.
(You probably remember my review post on the Revlon ColorStay Whipped Makeup and how I love the foundation but not the color.)
You see how close the foundation color is to my skin tone?
After blended out
It is seamless.
I might as well just have taken the picture of my bare arm. ;)
Not only the color match is the greatest, but the foundation itself is excellent as well.
- Provides medium coverage with satin finish that evens out the skintone perfectly
- Does not accentuate dry patches or pores
- The color does not oxidize
- Feels comfortable on skin and controls oil nicely
- Has a tangy fruity smell to it which is quite pleasant (although I would have given more points if it was fragrance free)
- (Supposedly) good for your skin with the fruit extracts in the formula.
- Comes in hygienic pump dispenser
- Affordable (even with the shipping charge)
Here is the FOTD of me wearing this foundation.
I did not set the foundation with loose powder in this look.
I mean, I always get tremendous help from my soft box lighting, but the finish is pretty nice, isn't it? :)
Makeup products used for this look
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Light Vanilla
Barry M lipstick in Dolly Pink
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Pink Passion
stila Find Your Magic palette
tarte Skinny smolderEyes in Onyx
Revlon ColorStay Overtime Mascara in Blackest Black
Ebony drawing pencil (for brows)
Thanks for reading! :)