One of the most remarkable things in my makeup life in 2015 (oh boy, that sounds too much) is that I have ventured into the out-of-comfort color realm (aka orange) and started feeling somewhat comfortable over there too. I would be in denial if I said orange looked better on me than cool-toned pink and red, but I do enjoy this passionate and perky color group and have been wearing something orange regularly.
As a result, I have acquired quite a few orange makeup items. It is a relatively(!) smaller collection, but is rather complete and even perfect to my own eyes.
Some of them deserve full reviews which will come hopefully soon. Today I will show all of them together, because it's Friday and looking at orange makeup is fun.
(Sorry, the swatches are bit out of order.)
1. Chanel Rouge Coco 416 Coco is the first real orange thing I bought (I made a big deal of of it here). The formula is light yet creamy and moisturizing. This orange has very fine (almost invisible) shimmer with some red undertones and appears semi-glossy on, which makes it wearable for most people.
2. NARS Semi Matte Lipstick Heat Wave is an amazingly beautiful orange red that really stands out. The matte formula is awesome as well. I will review this in depth soon.
3. Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Valencia Orange is a gift from Liz (Jamilla Camel). She thought I should wear more orange! ;D Valencia Orange is a medium matte orange with a bit of terracotta undertones that turns redder on my lips. It is a very unique color in my collection.
4. L'Oreal Colour Caresse Lipstick Fiery Veil was an awesome find from a discount store in downtown. I have mixed thoughts on the range (which seems to be discontinued) but this particular orange is glossier and juicier than other shades I've tried. I love it even more since I only paid $3 for it.
[Orange Gloss & Tint]
1. Revlon Moisture Stain Miami Fever is a hot orange stain. I like this range and have a few more colors but never thought this sizzling orange would become my favorite.
2. PeriPera Peri's Tint Water Orange Juice is probably the most orange thing I own. I reviewed it here and did a full face with it here.
3. Maybelline Color Elixir Citrus Evolution is an LE from some spring collection, and is another discount store find at $2. It is a creamy yellow peach with no shimmer and its nice formulation is indeed similar to L'Oreal Extraordinaire. Unfortunately, my weird nose prefers the L'Oreal scent (both are strongly and unnecessarily fragranced, by the way), so I won't grab more of the Maybelline.
(My orange blush collection reflects the serendipities from awesome blogsales.)
1. M.A.C. Powder Blush Honey Jasmine is a hard-to-find LE shade from Larie (Eye Heart It)'s blogsale. It is a golden orange with a matte texture and maintains a great clarity when applied. You can find my full review here.
2. Chanel Joues Contraste Canaille is from Liz (Beauty Reductionista)'s blogsale page, and it just arrived with perfect timing for this post. (The blogsale is still going on and you should check it out.) Honestly I wasn't so sure about this burnt orange blush, but it is undeniably beautiful. Canaille is deeply pigmented and has the most gorgeous satin finish.
3. Revlon Cream Blush Coral Reef is slightly out of place since it is a coral, but it feels right to include it since the color shows up decidedly orange-y on my cheeks. It is very easy to blend out for a natural look but isn't all that long lasting. I will review this and the other color, Flushed later (it's hard to say "soon" at this point).
[Orange Nail Polish]
I only have two and don't feel the need of getting more. Both have red undertones and gel-creme finish, which is why they are very flattering and wearable.
1. Butter London Nail Lacquer Ladybird is a orange red, and 2. Revlon Nail Enamel Provocative is a reddish orange, and I'm appreciating the difference.
Hope you enjoyed this collective post.
Happy weekend, everyone! :)
*Please do not include links in your comment. Thank you.*