You probably see no blue nor brown here. This is a sort of signature look for me - smokey eyes, pink cheeks, and pink lips, and it is very easy to achieve with this old(and discontinued) Yves Saint Laurent Pure Chromatics quad in 03, which has equal parts of blue and brown. I have been adventurous with makeup colors trying out different warm-toned shades and some latest trends like reddish eye makeup, but this is my go-to look on a regular work day.
The quad was gifted from a good friend. She wasn't crazy about the sheer and rather dry formulation of the quad, she said. I, on the other hand, welcome good quality eyeshadows with airy textures that blend easily, because I almost always base the lids with a creamy pencil. If the eyeshadow is too pigmented or moist, the base catches too much of colors and it does not blend out as nicely. I'm emphasizing on "good quality", though. Sheer eyeshadows that maintain color intensity are rare to come by. High-quality pigments is a must, especially for pastels. Long story short, Yves Saint Laurent Pure Chromatics 03 is a perfect example of the kind. (I wouldn't know how the colors play out when applied wet because I never wet my eyeshadows.)
Here are the products used for the look.
1. Giorgio Armani Designer Lift foundation in 4 is also gifted, but the shade is quite off for me. I normally wouldn't bother, but this is a really good foundation, so
2. I bought this foundation mixer from NYX. It works like a charm. I will review it soon.
3. Chacott powder is my long time favorite. It is probably the mother of all silicone powder. It is affordable and great quality. It comes in different shades as well. I highly recommend it.
4. I have been wearing Etude House Pink Skull blushes a lot lately. Skull Rose is a reddish pink and this is how I wanted NARS BLKR 413 to be.
5. KIKO Long Lasting Stick 39 is a cool deep brown. It is a great color for a base but isn't all that long lasting since the formula is on the wet side. I still need an eyeshadow primer.
6. YSL Pure Chromatics 03 (still avail on eBay). All shades are beautiful and I just slap all of them on and blend out using MAC 217 brush (why did I wait so long to get one for myself..?!).
7. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black waterproof mascara. A staple for me.
8. Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Fierce Blue was used on both upper waterlines and lower lash lines.
9. Ebony drawing pencil is what I use for my brows every day.
10. Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint in Cherry Pink for lips (reviewed)
One more FOTD in a slightly different angle.
Hope you enjoyed this look. As I disclosed earlier, I am trying to do standalone look posts more often using not-so-new makeups. If there is something I reviewed a while ago that you'd suggest for another look post, feel free to let me know. I could use some inspirations.