Good, cause I have a couple more to go. ;)
I love Revlon lippies and foundations but I have never found a single Revlon mascara that I really liked.
(On the other hand, I like L'oreal and Maybelline mascaras but not so much for other products from them.)
I still hope Revlon to surprise me with one amazing mascara and open my wallet whenever they bring out a new mascara.
This time, I opened it for ColorStay Overtime Lengthening Mascara in Blackest Black.
From Revlon site :
-Long, intensely dark lashes
-Wears for 24 hours
-No flakes, smears, or smudges
-Tear-proof, sweat-proof, humidity-proof
I like the sleek steely grey tube. ;)
The brush has the usual shape that is pretty common in most lengthening mascaras.
I find it is very easy to handle and quite useful on my lower lashes.
close-up on the brush
My experience :
- The Blackest Black color I picked up is an intense inky black which is very nice.
- It is not too dry nor too wet and it holds my curls very well.
- I haven't worn this for 24 hours but I do believe it lasts for all day without smudging.
- No flakes experienced
- This mascara is almost like a waterproof one since it is very difficult to remove without a dual phased eye makeup remover or cleansing oil.
- It defines and lengthens pretty well.
- It doesn't give much volume (which is okay since it was not a claim made for this mascara!)
In a nutshell, this is a nice lengthening mascara.
Is it amazing? Maybe not.
I still think this mascara deserves some credit since it lives up all to its claims.
(A little sidetracked, but I hate those rant reviews like "Oh, this does not do anything for oil control. Sucks" when the subject of the review is a moisturizing (!) foundation with dewy finish. )
I have been using this often lately and I am quite pleased with what it does.
I like that it provides clean definition and I can easily apply this on my lower lashes thanks to the sleek brush.
(BTW, Maybelline Lash Stiletto is another great choice for that.)
Thanks for reading!
Have you tried this mascara? :)